Did you know that there is a Tulum camping spot area in a Sanctuary with Chocolate and Honey called Chococacao Maya? Where you can find and explore Mayan ruins and a Sacbe road. This roads are the mayan freeways and were used to conect the two most important Mayan zones. Zones like Coba and Chichen Itza. It also has a Cenote called Cole Kaab which means queen bee. Where you can swim as long as you want to cool off and enjoy a relaxing bath in the nature. It is located within the low tropical jungle, very close to the little-traveled road of the place.
Where is Chococacao Maya?
This place is only 3 minutes from the archaeological zone of Coba. It was used by the ancient Mayans as a place of rest and purification. In nthis way they could take their offerings to the temple fulfill their obligations as a people. That is why in this paradisiacal place, peace and calm are perceived, which is very necessary to be ready to observe the stars and constellations at night, which can be seen very clearly from there due to the little artificial light that the town has.
What to do in Coba and Tulum?
In this Sanctuary we have many activities that you can do to entertain yourself and learn all the Mayan culture and traditions, for example:
- How to make your own natural honey soap.
- The taste naturally and learn how Cocoa becomes chocolate and combine it with flavors from this region. Delicious, also Cocoa becomes a currency for its special value and properties that it has.
- Visit the archaeological zone of Coba and ride a bicycle inside the area of the ruins and that is unique in the world where you can do this tour on two wheels. If you don’t know how to ride a bicycle, you can rent a tricycle (Mayan limousine) that will comfortably take you around the place.
- Visit other most beautiful cenotes that you have known during your visit (Cenote Choo Ha, Cenote Multum Ha, and Cenote Tankanch Ha).
- Tour the town by bicycle and admire the view of its lagoons.
- Eat-in the typical restaurants in front of the largest lagoon eating delicious and very cheap.
The most important thing about this encounter with nature is that you will learn how to conserve the environment. And be able to grow your own vegetables or fruits. And be in contact with the world that God created for us and know that it is self-sustaining.